‘I’ ‘me' and ‘my' refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers. This Agreement means the rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions and any other Tour Motorhome Hire Limited literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
‘Tour’ means Tour Motorhome Hire Limited. Warrington Lane, Lymm, Cheshire, WA13 OSA
‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hirer’s Name’ on the Rental Agreement, any person whose credit or debit card is presented in payment of the customer’s charges, or any person who deems themselves to be the legal entity and ultimately responsible for the motorhome. Should the legal entity be different from the driver, then full name, address and contact phone numbers must be supplied.
Means the hire period as stated on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control.
Means the vehicle as stated on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Tour Motorhome Hire Limited.
Includes but is not limited to; TV, DVD player and aerial, microwave, oven, radio/CD player, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
Means the amount held as security by Tour Motorhome Hire Limited in relation to this hire.
Is deemed as the damage sustained to any part of the vehicle, its equipment and or any third-party property which occurs above 6 feet (1.83 meters) in height measured from the ground upwards.
Warrington Lane, Lymm, Cheshire, WA13 OSA
Monday to Friday: 9.00 to 1700
Saturday closed, unless by prior arrangement
Sundays & Public holidays closed, unless by prior arrangement
Last collection time for all vehicles is 1 hour prior to depot closing
Hire Rates Quoted Include:
Unlimited UK Miles
UK Fully Comprehensive insurance
UK breakdown assistance
*Insurance loading. In some cases, Tour Motorhome Hire Limited will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, more than 1 insurance claim or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer.
**Tour Motorhome Hire Limited will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the motorhome. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in motorhome etc. will be the responsibility of the client.
This ranges from 4 to 7 days depending on the season. Tour Motorhome Hire reserves the right to increase the minimum hire period hire period for certain events.
Prices and availability upon request. Availability is not guaranteed, and is the only on a request and confirm basis at the time of booking.
Availability is on request and confirm basic at the time of the reservation. A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Tour Motorhome Hire Limited and a deposit payment of £250 per hire has been received. Our term and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the client. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due eight weeks prior to departure. Tour Motorhome Hire Limited reserves the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received eight weeks prior to departure. Payment is by credit card, Visa, Mastercard, debit cards, bank transfers or cheque in pounds sterling.
For late bookings (less than eight week before departure) the full rental price is payable upon booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed. Cheques will not be accepted for late bookings (less than 2 weeks prior to departure).
More than 8 weeks before: booking deposit
8 weeks - 2 weeks: 50 % of total hire charge
2 weeks - no show: 100% of total hire charge
Tour Motorhome Hire Limited cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. Tour Motorhome Hire Limited reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
- Bedding single set: £15.99 per set, per rental
(Pillow, pillow case, bed sheet, quit, quit cover, towel)
- Bedding double set:£30.00 per set, per rental
(Pillow, pillow case, bed sheet, quit, quit cover, towels
*Additional drivers (max 2): £10 for period of rental.
*points on licence (UK Licences only): No charge, maximum 6 Convictions with codes AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, MS, TT, UT and IN. Please check with Tour Motorhome Hire Limited if you wish to insure a driver who has any of these endorsements codes on their licence.
*Airport to Depot Tranfers
Manchester £80 return x 4 passengers
Liverpool £100 return x 4 passengers
Please contact Tour Motorhome Hire for all Airport and train transfers
* Standard insurance : 25 to 70 years
* Insurance for over 70 drivers : 71-74 years. This is by special request and agreement only with Tour Motorhome & their insurer.
Tour Motorhome must be notified at the time of booking, of any driver over the age of 70. Additional information will need to be provided. Cover is not guaranteed.
- Maximum of 3 drivers per rental.
- All drivers must have held a valid license for more than 2 years that entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg MAM.
- Driver must be able to demonstrate that they driven on a regular basis (more than 3 times a week) for at least 2 years and feel confident to drive a vehicle of the dimensions of our largest motorhome which are 7.45m long, 2.3 wide and 3.2 high.
- Drivers holding only an automatic license can only hire our automatic models and this must be declared at the time of the booking.
- All drivers must be present at the checkout of the motorhome; no exceptions can be made.
- Production of a full, valid drivers license, is required from all drivers at the start of the hire. International customers will also need to show a valid passport.
- All drivers will be required to provide a DVLA driving summary from the DVLA website within 21 days of Motorhome collection. We are unable to insure you if you have failed to provide this.
- If you have a modern Northern Ireland Licence, we require both the photo card and the paper counterpart. Your License must be your current home address, if not, then you will need to update your details with the DVLA online.
- All drivers whose Licences are issued outside the EU are required to supply a valid International Driving Permit alongside your standard licence at the start of hire. This must be issued in the country your standard was issued and confirm you are able to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg MAN.
- Should any driver fail to present all correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome, or does not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then Tour Motorhome will be unable to release the motorhome and no refunds will be given.
- Endorsements on licences: you must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your licence. Tour Motorhome can accept up to 6 speeding points that occurred within the last 3 years (charges may apply). For more than 6 points for any conviction other than for speeding, including the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR and TT or for any driver disqualification within the last 5 years, Tour Motorhome may not be able to get insurance cover for.
- Drivers Occupations: you must declare your occupation on the LV Insurance form.
Insurance (provided all the information supplied is correct)
Tour Motorhome will be responsible should damage to personal possessions or bodily injury occur (including death) as result of proven gross negligence on Tour Motorhome's part i.e. our actions or failure to act. Tour Motorhome will not be responsible for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss e.g. loss of profits or opportunity. This is separate from the vehicle insurance provided.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) at £20 per night (Minimum charge term for CDW is 5 nights in winter and 7 nights in the summer to a maximum of 21 nights) will reduce the £1000 excess for damage caused due to a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) or collision (i.e.reported accident) to either the vehicle or the third party property to £250. It will also cover the cost of replacement types,windscreens and wing mirrors. However, it will not cover any damage to the vehicle or third party property caused through a reversing manoeuvre, replacement or repair of windows and overhead damage above 6 feet. No insurance cover is offered for any damage deemed as gross negligence, or any internal damages therefore full liability will apply. Applies in respect of first incident and or claim, not entire rental duration. Once an accident has occurred CDW cannot be restarted and standard insurance terms will apply. Should the terms and conditions not be adhered to, the CDW is completely optional and cannot be taken out on hire day. CDW cannot be offered to drivers over the age of 70
Vehicle Damage - Insurance Cover
I am aware that:
- Neither the Standard Insurance nor Collision Damage Waivers covers overhead damage. The hirer will be responsible for the cost to repair all damages.
- I will have to pay an access for any insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess is £1000 per claim, not per rental.
- I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breech any terms of this Agreement.
- I will be responsible for any damage caused through gross negligence and will not be covered by the insurance including Collision Damage Waiver.
Responsibility When Accident Occurs
- In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, I will:
(i) Notify Tour Motorhome within 24 hours of the event happening
(ii) Obtain the names and addresses of third parties, and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
(iii) Complete an Accident claim form as supplied
(iv) If the accident occurs in Europe then in addition you must complete the European accident report form as supplied.
(v) Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
(vi) Assist Tour Motorhomes in handling any claim arising from any event including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence.
2. I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
3. I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change of vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
4. No Security Deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until the claim is settled.
For travelling within Europe there is an additional charge of £10 per night for European cover(including European Roadside Assistance). European cover is mandatory and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Europe (including Republic of Ireland) without taking out the additional European cover. Minimum charge term for European cover is 7 days, maximum 28 days.
The following countries are covered by the European travel Insurance: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Please check your route carefully and ensure it doesn’t go outside these countries. European cover is subject to approval by our Insurers and is limited to 250 miles per day; excess miles will be charged at 0.40 pence per mile.
Motorhome Collection & Return
Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the handover at the depot to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. All drivers need to be present on collection of the motorhome and bring their full valid driving license and passport (passport required for international customers only and drivers without a photo card driving license) and credit or debit card for security deposits. Please see section 25 for further details. Pick up times are between:1400 and 1600 (Monday to Friday). Saturday & Sunday by Appointment only.
*Returns: Return times are between 9.00 to 11.00 (Monday to Saturday) Saturday and Sunday by appointment.
Late Returns: If you will be late returning, Tour Motorhome must be advised. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £100 per hour will be payable for all late returns.
Tour Motorhome will carry out a full pre-checkout inspection (PCI) on every motorhome before the commencement of hire. The PCI involves testing every system on board the motorhome to ensure they are operating correctly. In conjunction with this the hirer will be taken on a tour of the motorhome and shown how each system works. Should an onboard system fail during your hire, Tour Motorhome will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away but in some circumstances this may not be possible and Tour Motorhome cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle. In the case of winter hire, Tour Motorhome will not be, and cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
- I acknowledge having received the vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the motorhome handover checklist and with a full diesel tank.
- I acknowledge that Tour Motorhome will not refund to me any monies if the vehicle is returned, or I cease to have use of the vehicle or an item of equipment on the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather, theft or damage.
Change of Vehicle
Tour reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or superior Vehicle for the vehicle ordered. In the event, I shall not be liable for any increased rental or other charges save for any addition running costs pertaining to the substitute vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle me to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
Rental and Other charges
I will pay Tour Motorhome;
- All rental charges
- The security deposit
- Administration fee of £25 per amendment of a confirmed booking, or per any penalty charge notice received.
- The nominated valeting fee and/or upholstery cleaning fee, if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- The nominated additional fee of £50 if the toilet and waste water tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
- The cost of refilling the diesel tank if not returned full:
- 3/4 to full = £75
- 1/2 to 3/4 = £90
- 1/4 to 1/2 = £120
- Empty to 1/4 full = £140
- The late fee of £100 per hour should the vehicle be returned after the agreed time as stated on the Rental Agreement
- The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle.
- The cost of any damage to the vehicle or third party property, subject to the insurance or Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
- All government fees and duties etc.
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the Rental Period.
- Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Tour Motorhome as result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement.
- Demurrage: the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is of the fleet; for example, for accident repairs.
- Any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security Deposit value.
- The cost to recover a vehicle.
- In the case of gross negligence Tour Motorhome reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over.
Errors in Rental Charges
Total charges as set out therein are not final. I will pay any shortfall in charges to Tour Motorhome Hire Limited and I will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Tour Motorhome Hire Limited.
There is a GB £1000 Security Deposit processed by credit or debit card. The card should be in the lead drivers' name and the amount will be pre-authorised from your account immediately. Tour Motorhome Hire Limited reserves the right to increase the security deposit in certain circumstances, or for specific events e.g. World Cup events, festivals or clients travelling with pets, to £1500. Cheque payments and cash are not accepted against the Security Deposit.
- On taking delivery of the vehicle, I agree to pay the Security Deposit.
- I irrevocably authorise Tour Motorhome Hire Limited to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due to Tour Motorhome Hire Limited arising out of this Agreement.
- The security deposit will be released within 7 working days of the vehicle being returned to the depot as per the criteria set out in section 11, Motorhome collection and return and there are no outstanding insurance claims.
- Should any damages exceed the Security Deposit the customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the security Deposit value within 7 days of your hire end date.
NOTE: Where the hirer has opted for the collision damage waiver and has complied with its terms stated below (clause 27), the liability excess will be reduced to a maximum £250 in the event of a Road Traffic Accident (RTA) or collision with another vehicle ( see clause 27 for exclusions).
Use of the Vehicle
I agree that during the rental period, I will not, and not allow the vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner.
- Used in a manner which could cause damage.
- Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated to me.
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied.
- Left unoccupied without the steering wheel security lock applied and the TV/DVD/Satellite Navigation unit covered.
- Driven by unauthorised persons.
- Damaged by:
- Submersion in water.
- Contact with salt water.
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
- Used to tow any vehicle.
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this Agreement.
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases (other than gas bottles provided by Tour Motorhome hire) explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
- Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement.
- All vehicles may only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads.
- I acknowledge that Tour Motorhome Hire Limited reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
Alterations to the Vehicle
I shall not make any alterations to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Tour Motorhomes Hire Limited.
Title to Vehicle
I acknowledge that Tour Motorhomes Hire Limited retains title to the Vehicle and its contents, and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Tour Motorhome Hire’s credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of, or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
All Tour Motorhome Hire Limited motorhomes are non-smoking vehicles. Tour reserves the right to impose additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning fees, and charge demurrage should smoke be detected in the motorhome.
Tour Motorhome Hire Limited authorises the use of these vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion. Please see brochure for guidance. Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, whichever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight under UK law.
Animals will not be allowed to be carried in the vehicle, unless otherwise agreed with Tour Motorhome Hire Limited and an additional Security Deposit paid and the Tour Motorhome pet policy adhered to.
- I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including checking oil and coolant levels, type pressures and batteries.
- I acknowledge that Tour Motorhome will reimburse me for expenditure up to GB £50.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the vehicle not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio, and DVD equipment, provided that:
- I produce relevant receipts.
- I have received the prior consent of Tour Motorhome.
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this Agreement.
- Collision Damage Waiver was taken out.
- I will be liable for any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Tour Motorhomes run on DIESEL.
Credit and Debit Card Payment
Visa and Mastercard credit cards only.
- Tour Motorhome will accept payment by credit cards approved by Tour Motorhome
- When payment is paid by credit card or debit card, I agree that;
i) Tour Motorhome is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to those outline in section 15, Rental and other charges.
ii) I will not dispute my liability to Tour Motorhome for any amount due under this Agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified, Tour Motorhome against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit or debit card issuer of such dispute.
iii) Tour Motorhome may process the credit card or debit card voucher; in this event that Tour Motorhome elects to accepts payment of the Security Deposit. I agree that Tour Motorhome is entitled to recover payment from my credit card or debit card issuer pursuant to clause 31, section b, sub-section i & ii, in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment.
c) I acknowledge that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in pounds sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against my credit or credit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the rental period. I release Tour Motorhome from any liability for such variation.
Payment of Charges, Joint and Several Liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this Agreement are due on demand by Tour Motorhome. If I do not pay all charges when on time, I agree to pay interest at 1.5% per month above the base rate as published by Barclays Bank Plc, on the outstanding balance and any additional costs incurred by Tour Motorhome. When the customer comprises of more that one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customers pursuant to this Agreement.
Terminating the Agreement
I acknowledge that Tour Motorhome may terminate this Agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if:
- I am in breach of any term of this Agreement.
- I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
- Any statement, representation or warranty made by the customer in respect to himself or additional drivers is incorrect.
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned.
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date, or Tour Motorhome reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
- Tour Motorhome considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is in danger. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
Release and Indemnity of Tour Motorhome Hire
- Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, I release Tour Motorhome, its employers and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
i) Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose.
ii) Any loss or damage to any property left in, or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Tour Motorhome Hire Limited premises or recovered or handled by Tour Motorhome Hire Limited.
b) Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Tour Motorhome, I hereby indemnity and shall keep indemnified Tour Motorhome, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal cost) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
Any changes to this Agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Tour Motorhome and by me.
We will make every effort to ensure that the reserved motorhome is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible, and if an alternative or acceptable motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you.
I warrant that all information supplied by me to Tour Motorhome in connection with this agreement is true.
Data Protection Act
The information that have provided to Tour Motorhome will be used to fulfil this contract placed with us. We will not pass this information onto any other organisation outside this company other than to our insurer.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other Oral Undertakings, Warranties or Agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. Tour Motorhome reserves the right to add or amend the vehicle specifications and rental charges without prior notice. This Agreement does not affect your statuary rights under Civil Law.
By signing this, you agree that you have read and accept the above terms and conditions and that these, along with the Rental Agreement form a legally binding contract between yourself and Tour Motorhome Hire Limited.